Facebook is considered more a social burden than a loved networking site by its young users, a recent study has found. The study conducted by Pew Research Center of children between the age group of 12 to 17 found Facebook was losing its crucial demographic, which long fueled its success. According to the Huffington Post, teens are increasingly abandoning Facebook for other sites like ...
Cricket Australia (CA) chief James Sutherland has said the governing body might need to consider implementing a social media policy after Australian Test batsman David Warner's recent Twitter controversy. He said there had been no discussions about developing a social media policy for players, but admitted it is something that CA is considering. Sutherland insisted he will continue to ...
Seth MacFarlane has revealed on Twitter that he is too busy to host the Oscars in 2014. The 39-year-old comedian wrote on the micro blogging site that he "tried to make it work schedule-wise, but I need sleep," ABC News reported. MacFarlane tweeted on Monday that the Academy Awards producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, who produced this year's Oscar show, are among the best in the business. ...
Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin took to Facebook over the weekend to express her skepticism of global warming. Palin argued that global warming was not happening, pointing that it was snowing in Alaska in May. According to the Huffington Post, she wrote in a post on her Facebook page 'global warming my gluteus maximus'. In her Facebook argument, Palin confuses weather with climate, a ...
The 2013 Yellow Social Media Report has analyzed that a growing number of Australians are using social network at an addictive rate wherever they can, even in toilet cubicles! According to the study, three out of every five internet users are accessing these sites more than five times a day, making it a total of seven hours a day. In a report by News.com, the study found that the time spent by ...
69.5°F Mostly Cloudy
Rise of the Planet of the Apes [Blu-Ray]
Especially after the lukewarm reception of Tim Burtons glossy, action-packed 2001 reimagining, which ended with a Huh? cliffhanger that has yet to be resolved, it would be safe to say that there hasnt been much yearning for another entry in the Planet of the Apes ... ...
An Oregon funeral home in Eugene offers natural burials where the ride to the person's final resting place is on the back of a three-wheeled ...
Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in WA have topped the nation for their use of social media, according to a study.Telstra's 2013 Yellow Social Media Report found 34 per cent of SMEs in WA had a presence on social media compared with a national average of 30 per cent.The survey, based on a sample of 1809 businesses found social media usage among WA SME's had risen from 30 per ...
Teenaged kids are handing out more private information on social media than ever before, with little thought for the consequences, a not-so-surprising survey has found. Teens are carelessly giving away phone numbers, pictures and other sensitive data using their Facebook accounts, the report by the Pew Foundation pointed ...
WASHINGTON - Twitter is booming as a social-media destination for teenagers who complain about too many adults and too much drama on Facebook, according to a new study published Tuesday about online behavior. The study indicated teens are sharing more personal information about themselves even as they try to protect their online reputations.Teens told researchers there were too many adults on ...
WASHINGTON - Teens are sharing more about themselves on social media and moving increasingly to Twitter to avoid their parents and the "oversharing" they see on Facebook, a new poll finds.In the Pew Research Center poll, 94 percent of teen social-media users have a profile on Facebook - flat from the previous year. Twenty-six percent of that group were on Twitter, more than double the ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Thistle Charing Cross
I had stayed at this hotel once before, some years previous, so was looking forward to a new review. The ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Charlotte StarCharlotte Star – News Updates from Charlotte and North Carolina
The Charlotte Star is essentially a local Charlotte newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Charlotte, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Charlotte, North Carolina, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Charlotte Star.
Anne Bronte, sister of Charlotte and Emily, has been given a new gravestone after 164 years to correct a mistake in the original.
Anne, who authored 'Agnes Grey' and 'The Tenant of Wildfell Hall,' died in Scarborough in 1849 after succumbing to tuberculosis at the age of 29.
But Anne's headstone in St Mary's Churchyard gave her age as 28.
Anne's original gravestone was refaced 3 years after her death, when Charlotte returned to discover five mistakes on it, the other errors were corrected but the age was not.
The Bronte Society installed the new plaque alongside the original that had deteriorated over the years, the BBC reported.
Society's Sally McDonald said that Anne was the quietest Bronte and can still sometimes be overlooked in favour of her sisters Charlotte and Emily.
She added that in some ways, though, she is now viewed as the most radical of the sisters, writing about tough subjects like women's need to maintain independence, and how alcoholism could tear a family apart. (ANI)
- Brooklyn Beckham begins training with QPR following dads retirement
- Pak batsman Mohd Yousuf rubbishes media reports of retirement from intl cricket
- Gulf pension funds ramp up assets amid Arab Spring
- Kris Commons announces Scotland retirement
- Suicide on the Rise in Middle Aged Adults www.privateofficer.com
- New evidence supports theory of cosmic impact 12800 years ago
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor
- US Space Tech Conference Expo focuses on commercial space flight
- Early vote points to close race as L.A. picks mayor
- Up to 30 hurt in crash in northwest Ohio
- Instead Of Snoozing In Savings Lets Put $5000 To Work
- Teachers credited with saving students lives during Oklahomas tornado
- Nigeria $1bn fund to start investing
- Saveplan.com Launches Personal Financial Planning and Budget Forecasting Website
- Bucks Blog A $2400 Fine for an Airbnb Host
- T. rex cousin fed more like falcon than crocodile
- Microsoft launches all-in-one home entertainment system Xbox One
- Microsoft unveils new all-in-one Xbox console
- Microsoft Unveils New Xbox One Game Console
- Metals Stocks Gold edges higher ahead of Bernanke’s testimony
- McIlroy - Personalities clash
- Stralman may miss Game 4
- Yankees can set up 2014 pen on cheap
- Spurs up 2-0 on Grizzlies
- PFT Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car
- Columbus State University Implements Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Environment
- International Biodiversity Day in photos
- Will Emirates love for environment drive in hybrid cars
- Laos considers requirements to adopt timber trade regulations
- Greenpeace drops item on Swedish reactor from glider to make point
- IFCI board room turns boxing ring CCO Tomar lands blows on V-P Arora
- Steve Bunce on Boxing Carl Froch handed rare chance of revenge with dream rematch
- Hopkins-Froch is as good as it gets on many levels
- First AIBA Pro Boxing bout set for South Korea in July
- Bellew detemined to deliver
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Charlotte Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- State says coal ash from Duke Energy is contaminating water
- Father of slain 2-year-old faces murderer in court Tuesday
- Lowes to donate $1M to Oklahoma victims
- Budget proposal asks for property tax increase by 2.5 cents
- Residents ask questions about Independence Blvd. construction