iGate noted that Phaneesh Murthy's failure to report the relationship with a subordinate employee violated company policy as well as his employment ...
Motorola Mobility. If the ITC had found that Microsoft infringed, it could have barred the Xbox from being imported into the United States. The fight over the Xbox is related to a larger smartphone patent war between Apple, Microsoft and the mobile phone makers who use ...
(Credit: CNET) PC designs have been lackluster, offering no good reason to upgrade, according to an Intel executive speaking at the company's Spring Analyst Summit in London. Navin Shenoy, vice president and general manager of the Mobile Client Platform division, was responding to a question from an analyst when he said the following on ...
(Credit: Bill Detwiler/CNET) It's happened to a lot of people -- their iPhone drops from their hands, falls off their lap, plunks into a toilet, or gets knocked off a table. Showing off a cracked iPhone screen is sometimes almost a point of pride. I have one friend who lovingly calls his damaged phone "The Hurt Locker," referring to the 2008 movie about a bomb disposal team ...
The "Daily Show" simply had to have an opinion on Tim Cook's appearance in front of the supposedly stern senators. His opinion of both the Senate and Apple wasn't exactly ...
66.6°F Scattered Clouds
Death of a Cyclist (Muerte de un ciclista) [DVD]
Like the works of the early French New Wave or Eisenstein's silent films, Juan Antonio Bardem's Death of a Cyclist (Muerte de un ciclista) is a film forged from theoretical and ideological conviction. Produced in Spain under the Franco regime, where cinema had be ... ...
Federal Communications Commission on Thursday, Mr. Schumer, Democrat of New York, urged the two to carefully consider the SoftBank deal in the wake of widespread attacks by Chinese hackers. "The protection of our critical infrastructure is a topic of intense legislative scrutiny," the Democratic senator from New York wrote in the letter, which was reviewed by a reporter for the The ...
In a pretrial hearing for the antitrust lawsuit, the judge says she thinks the Justice Department will be able to show direct evidence that Apple "facilitated a conspiracy to raise prices of ...
U.S. crude futures dropped to around $94 a barrel on Friday after disappointing China data and on lingering concerns the U.S. Federal Reserve would curb its stimulus program. ...
Google is considering a bid for the mobile mapping and navigation company, Bloomberg reports. Could this be a play to keep Facebook out of its ...
(Reuters) - Google Inc is considering buying Israeli mobile satellite navigation start-up Waze Inc, which may lead to a bidding war with Facebook Inc, Bloomberg news reported, citing people familiar with the ...
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Sheraton Yankee Trader Hotel, Fort Lauderdale Beach
I had mixed feelings coming back to this old hotel. I had been staying there on-and-off for 20 years, and ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Charlotte StarCharlotte Star – News Updates from Charlotte and North Carolina
The Charlotte Star is essentially a local Charlotte newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Charlotte, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Charlotte, North Carolina, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Charlotte Star.
Anne Bronte, sister of Charlotte and Emily, has been given a new gravestone after 164 years to correct a mistake in the original.
Anne, who authored 'Agnes Grey' and 'The Tenant of Wildfell Hall,' died in Scarborough in 1849 after succumbing to tuberculosis at the age of 29.
But Anne's headstone in St Mary's Churchyard gave her age as 28.
Anne's original gravestone was refaced 3 years after her death, when Charlotte returned to discover five mistakes on it, the other errors were corrected but the age was not.
The Bronte Society installed the new plaque alongside the original that had deteriorated over the years, the BBC reported.
Society's Sally McDonald said that Anne was the quietest Bronte and can still sometimes be overlooked in favour of her sisters Charlotte and Emily.
She added that in some ways, though, she is now viewed as the most radical of the sisters, writing about tough subjects like women's need to maintain independence, and how alcoholism could tear a family apart. (ANI)
- Jury rules for Trump over 87-year-old woman in Chicago hotel dispute
- 7 Tips to Help Beat Your Aging Parents Loneliness
- Trump wins lawsuit against elderly woman
- Haas Dusseldorf run ends in retirement
- BBC sitcom Hi-de-Hi star Paul Shane dies aged 72 after short illness
- NASAs Chandra explores hidden population of exotic neutron stars
- Hubble reveals Ring Nebulas true shape
- Rare birth of mega-galaxy captured by space telescope
- New Russian spacecraft reusable for up to five flights
- Shapiro Obama hits reset button on national security
- Chidambaram says U.S. Federal Reserves statement misunderstood calls for calm
- GM recalls nearly 20000 new Cadillac SRX SUVs
- $100000+ Comic Book Found In Abandoned House
- Asia Markets Japan stocks plunge back into losses
- Currencies Yen resumes advance vs. dollar
- Home is where the wins are
- Seattle QB Wilson Harvins talent off the charts
- Fielders RBI single lifts Tigers over Twins
- Orioles Gausman poised in unsteady debut
- Report Mourinho to sign contract with Chelsea
- Plane hits trees crashes near airport
- Environment Minister Alex Attwood blasted by Unesco over Causeway resort
- NH Forest Officials Find Invasive Beetle In 5-Percent Of Concord Trees
- HSBC reviews logging policy as Bill Oddie film sparks petition
- Country diary Allendale Northumberland Hedgehogs have everything they need in this garden
- UFC Kiwi heavyweight chases big time
- Boxing Ingas boy ready to mix it in the ring
- Barker No world-class worry
- Board unhappy with Froch rant
- Chilemba admits quit thoughts
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Charlotte Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Earnhardt recalls connections with Charlotte speedway
- Employee at police department accused of taking $2k gun
- Chiquita holds first shareholder meeting in Charlotte
- Investigators Cause of Mooresville fire may never be known
- Some NC lawmakers want to change how state brings in jobs