Singer Taylor Swift likes to wear clothes which exude style, but still don't restrict her movement on stage. The 23-year-old, who is on Red World Tour, looks for smart yet practical clothes, reports femalefirst.co.uk. "For performance, I'm not only looking for something that looks cool in front of 20,000 people but it's also about the functionality of it, can I run around in it? Can I throw my ...
Actress Amanda Seyfried feels she looked better with bigger breasts, but she says she had to lose a bit of overall weight for her Hollywood journey. "I looked way better when I was 15. I had beautiful huge breasts and then I came to Hollywood and I was like, 'I got to lose weight. I got to look thin and fit.' And I lost them a little bit," femalefirst.co.uk quoted the 27-year-old. Seyfried ...
Hollywood actress Jennifer Aniston is ready to perform a striptease act in her forthcoming film "We're The Millers". The 44-year-old plays a drug smuggling lap dancer in the comedy film, directed by Rawson Marshall Thurber, reports thesun.co.uk The star cast also includes Emma Roberts, Ed Helms and Jason Sudeikis. The film will hit screens in Britain Aug ...
Hollywood actor Jesse Eisenberg, who plays a magician in forthcoming film "Now You See My", says he imbibed the confidence to perform from his talented mother. "My mother was like a hippy clown. She did folk songs at children parties. She was like a great performer and I grew up in a house of somebody who was like a confident performer. She was really great in front of an audience and my ...
Hollywood actor Jesse Eisenberg says he got confidence to perform the tricks of an illusionist in his forthcoming film "Now You See Me" by watching his mother. "My mother was like a hippy clown. She did folk songs at children parties. She was like a great performer and I grew up in a house of somebody who was like a confident performer. She was really great in front of an audience and my ...
71.1°F Scattered Clouds
Death of a Cyclist (Muerte de un ciclista) [DVD]
Like the works of the early French New Wave or Eisenstein's silent films, Juan Antonio Bardem's Death of a Cyclist (Muerte de un ciclista) is a film forged from theoretical and ideological conviction. Produced in Spain under the Franco regime, where cinema had be ... ...
Chinese artist and dissident Ai Weiwei has released an expletive-ridden heavy metal music video criticising abuses of state power in China. The track, given the English-language title 'Dumbass', reconstructs his 81-day detention in 2011, including what he says is an exact model of his cell, reports BBC News. The video shows impassive prison guards accompanying Ai as he eats, sleeps, showers ...
Rediff.com, one of the premier online providers of news, information, communication, entertainment and shopping services to Indians worldwide, has announced results for its fourth quarter and fiscal year ended March 31, 2013. Fourth-quarter revenue in the Company's core business, India Advertising, grew 9 percent compared to the third fiscal quarter. This is the third consecutive quarter that ...
Singer Madonna remembers meeting her fan Kim Kardashian when the reality TV star was a kid. In fact, the 54-year-old singer even gave Kim her accessories as souvenir, reports dailystar.co.uk. "I met her years ago when she was a little girl, believe it or not. She told me she was a huge fan, and it was during the time I was wearing all of the rubber bracelets on my arms," said Madonna. "I took ...
Dannii Minogue has revealed that she felt less confident in the public eye after her sister Kylie rose to fame. She told Ponystep Magazine that she was able to deal with it when she was younger but noticed that it influenced how she conducted herself as she got older. The 41-year-old singer said that it was strange, as she used to hear comments like she was fat or she is the ugly-ass ...
Singer Jennifer Lopez has teamed up with Verizon Wireless for the launch of Viva Mvil, a shopping tool designed with Latino consumers in mind. "This new company is here to revolutionise the entire mobile experience for Latinos," eonline.com quoted Lopez as saying. "There's no specific place for Latinos to be specifically catered to. We will continuously evolve the wireless shopping experience ...
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Sheraton Yankee Trader Hotel, Fort Lauderdale Beach
I had mixed feelings coming back to this old hotel. I had been staying there on-and-off for 20 years, and ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Charlotte StarCharlotte Star – News Updates from Charlotte and North Carolina
The Charlotte Star is essentially a local Charlotte newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Charlotte, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Charlotte, North Carolina, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Charlotte Star.
Anne Bronte, sister of Charlotte and Emily, has been given a new gravestone after 164 years to correct a mistake in the original.
Anne, who authored 'Agnes Grey' and 'The Tenant of Wildfell Hall,' died in Scarborough in 1849 after succumbing to tuberculosis at the age of 29.
But Anne's headstone in St Mary's Churchyard gave her age as 28.
Anne's original gravestone was refaced 3 years after her death, when Charlotte returned to discover five mistakes on it, the other errors were corrected but the age was not.
The Bronte Society installed the new plaque alongside the original that had deteriorated over the years, the BBC reported.
Society's Sally McDonald said that Anne was the quietest Bronte and can still sometimes be overlooked in favour of her sisters Charlotte and Emily.
She added that in some ways, though, she is now viewed as the most radical of the sisters, writing about tough subjects like women's need to maintain independence, and how alcoholism could tear a family apart. (ANI)
- Jury rules for Trump over 87-year-old woman in Chicago hotel dispute
- 7 Tips to Help Beat Your Aging Parents Loneliness
- Trump wins lawsuit against elderly woman
- Haas Dusseldorf run ends in retirement
- BBC sitcom Hi-de-Hi star Paul Shane dies aged 72 after short illness
- Rare birth of mega-galaxy captured by space telescope
- New Russian spacecraft reusable for up to five flights
- Shapiro Obama hits reset button on national security
- Researchers to be living on the moon NASA
- The Lede NOAA Predicts Extremely Active Hurricane Season
- Chidambaram says U.S. Federal Reserves statement misunderstood calls for calm
- GM recalls nearly 20000 new Cadillac SRX SUVs
- LIVE The Top 10 Future Tech Trends From 5 Top Venture Capitalists
- Judge evidence shows Apple colluded to fix e-book prices
- ITC Microsoft Xbox doesnt violate Motorola Mobility patent
- Notre Dame paid Weis more than Kelly in 2011
- Rangers stay alive drop Bs on Kreider OT tally
- Sources Nets contacted Celtics about Rivers
- Blue Jays spoil debut of Os rookie Gausman
- PHT Rangers live another day edge Bruins in OT
- Bangladeshs Green Radio heralds new era of environment education
- NH Forest Officials Find Invasive Beetle In 5-Percent Of Concord Trees
- HSBC reviews logging policy as Bill Oddie film sparks petition
- Country diary Allendale Northumberland Hedgehogs have everything they need in this garden
- Arctic bacteria found living in Mars-like environment
- UFC Kiwi heavyweight chases big time
- Boxing Ingas boy ready to mix it in the ring
- Barker No world-class worry
- Board unhappy with Froch rant
- Chilemba admits quit thoughts
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Charlotte Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Employee at police department accused of taking $2k gun
- Chiquita holds first shareholder meeting in Charlotte
- Investigators Cause of Mooresville fire may never be known
- Some NC lawmakers want to change how state brings in jobs
- Law enforcement seek missing Lincolnton inmate